The set consists of a T-shaped, 3-part set of tubes (T-divider) or of an angled, 2-part set of tubes (angular divider), each comes with distributer drippers placed on the ends as “multiple” watering units for better distribution of water from drippers in larger size pots or tubs.
Alternatively, the dripper set can be used for watering small balcony boxes up to about 50 cm. in straight rows.
Length of the individual tubes- 9 cm.
Prerequisites for use:
Additional required accessories:
- Surface of soil in the pot or box more or less horizontal
- Connection to an existing Tropf-Blumat-System for supplying water.
Standard or Maxi sized Tropf-Blumat, including dripper tubing.
Water must be available from faucet or pump (or alternatively from an elevated tank).
- 10 connecting tubes, 8 cm diameter, 9 cm long, with plugs on both ends
- 12 distributor drippers (nozzles on both ends)
- 3 mini-branch connectors
- 6 end caps
- 3 replacement plugs
- 3 supporters
Set is enough for (alternative examples)
With a T-formed distributor:
- 3 pots of at least 25 cm diameter, each with 3 dripper locations
With an angled distributor:
- 3 pots of at least 20 cm diameter, each with 2 dripper locations
Straight row distribution:
- 3 balcony boxes, about 40 cm long each, approx. 30 cm long tube set in each box
(consisting of 3 connected tubes per box, each with 4 dripper locations)
- or 1 - 2 longer tube set-ups
Functions only when used together with a Tropf-Blumat-System!
For further information, see “Use” and “Function” below.
[TAB:Use]Features of the differing distribution set-ups:
2-part angled form with 2 distributor drippers
3-part T-form with 3 distributor drippers
- Better adjustability for watering plant with multiple stalks
- Minimal, but most often sufficient, distribution of moisture
- Also suitable for moderate moisture levels
- Expandable to 3 distributor drippers
- Better suited for plants located in centre of pot (1-3 stalks)
- Distributes very evenly (depending on substrate)
- Advantageous or even necessary for very porous soils
- Better suited for moderate moisture levels, depending on watering needs
- For use in boxes of about 30 cm long or longer
- Preferably for two rows of plants
- Boxes should be positioned horizontally
Connection and Water Supply
Each Pot-Distributor or Row-Distributor is supplied by 1 Tropf-Blumat. These tubes can be easily attached to the water supply tubing using the drip tubing. Be sure to leave extra drip tubing extending about 20 cm from the starting side.
The water for both Pot-Distributors and Row-Distributors is usually supplied from a faucet with a pressure reducer or over a pump.
It is possible to use an elevated tank as the water supply, however, the effective water column – the difference between the height of the Tropf-Blumat (at the spigot) and the level of the actual water surface – should not be smaller than 80 cm, better is 100 cm.
After connecting the tubes and the distributor drippers to the T-piece or to the angled distributor, the dripper tube is simply placed on top of the substrate in the pot – it is not necessary to fixate the tube, the distributor drippers should be positioned upright. However, the row tubing should be held in place using 1 support, so that the distributor drippers do not tip over.
In order to assure that the Pot-Distributors are mostly horizontal (simply judging by eye); it is advisable to somewhat even out the substrate surface. The Row-Distributors in balcony boxes should likewise be horizontal.
[TAB:Function]Pot-Distributors or Row Distributors have the task of evenly dividing the incoming water among the 2-3 (or more) individual dripper locations of a Tropf-Blumat. As a result, moisture should be more evenly distributed.
The distance to the Tropf-Blumat (= distance between dripper and Tropf-Blumat unit) is important, because this distance determines the length of the watering period. A moderate moisture level can, for example, be achieved specifically by using a distance of about 1-2 cm.
The distribution of water takes place nearly without pressure; the tubes remain filled with water. Due to the more or less horizontal position of the drippers, any irregularities in flow amounts can be ignored, because any such differences are not relevant within the confines of one not overly large pot.
Advantages of the Pot-Distributor:
- compact and appealing design
- easier set-up
- suitable for moderate moisture levels
- no interference from roots growing into distributors
- minimal chance of clogging (depending on water quality)
However, it is necessary to clean the system at the end of the season or upon completion of the growing period; this is best accomplished with citric acid.